Friday, August 12, 2011

Welcome Back!

Hello and welcome to 3rd grade! I'm looking forward to meeting many smiley, and probably tired faces this Wednesday morning.

Here are a list of supplies I would like each child to bring in:

1) several sharpened #2 pencils (Ticonderoga work the best)
2) An EXPO white board marker labeled with name, any color
3) Homework folder. Inside right pocket should be labeled homework, left side should
be labeled teacher/parent notes and completed work
4) Weekly planner to write assignments for each day
5) Anti bacterial WIPES to share with the class. I already have gel
6) Small head phones/headset to use in class and in the computer lab. Please send in
a ziplock bag with student name and room number

Your child will not need a pencil box as they take up too much space on the desks. I have plenty of markers, crayons, scissors, and glue for students to share, so no need to buy those either.

Here are some optional items to bring along:
*a flash drive
*a copy of Charlotte's Web if you have one. We will begin reading on the first day of school.

Wish List:
Staples/Kaleidescope gift card
Ticonderoga #2 pencils, sharpened
Bag of gummy bears or starbursts
Roll of red tickets(found at Staples)
Items for the prize box
Dixie cups

I am looking for a volunteer to take pictures of students the first week of school. If you are interested please email me at athena_maraldo@pvusd.net. I am also looking for a few helpers to tear out pages in our math homework book. This can be done at home.

On another note, as many of you may or may not know, I am expecting a child due in November, another boy! I know this probably isn't the most ideal situation for some, but Mrs. Dorney and I are working on finding a wonderful, experienced interim teacher to cover my maternity leave. If you have any concerns, please contact her. I am excited to start the year off with your children. See you Wednesday morning at 7:55!

No comments: