Saturday, September 15, 2012

Sept. 17-21, 2012

Hello! It was great seeing you all at Back to School Night. I hope my presentation was clear and informative.  If you were unable to make it, I put a packet in your child's cubby for your review. Feel free to email me if you have any questions. I will also send home a copy of the conference list to everyone who signed up. If you did not sign up, I will send home a list of available times, so please pick your top 2 choices so I can fit you in. If you signed up for a time that has a conflict, let me know so we can reschedule. Conferences are October 8-12. That whole week students will be dismissed at 12:20.

On Monday a new spelling homework packet will go home for The Ballad of Mulan. This will be due on Friday. We are also beginning a new chapter in math (Chapter 2-Ordering numbers). On Friday, students were tested on Chapter 1 for place value, so this test will go home early in the week for your review. A reminder that Tuesday is library day for our class. 3rd graders are able to check out 2 books at a time. Students are free to renew their books, but need to return them when they are finished. Students who have a hard time remembering will only get to check one book out at a time.

A big thank you to the driver/chaperones who came to the fair on Thursday. It was an eventful, yet tiring field trip. That's all for now. Hope you are having a fabulous, sunny weekend!

No comments: